Today we look at the Novitec coilover system for the Fiat 500, please note that this kit is design for the European market and will not directly fit the North American model. In order to have this properly installed, we had to redesign and CNC new hardware for this kit.
The superior suspension setup consisting of Koni Yellows with Eibach springs were taken out of the Integrale Evo a couple nights ago, from the car to it’s final resting place, the trash bin. For it’s replacement the Evo was given a brand new set of custom made 24-way adjustable bound and rebound Leda coilovers paired to some Eibach springs.
Because spending money on expensive pretty lug nuts are a must, extended studs were installed to the front and rear hubs, replacing the traditional European concept of using wheel bolts.
Coming in late this year, the DC5 is only now going though its upgrades. Couple of the major changes this year will be the install of Mugen N1 coilovers & corner balancing of the car. Today the old Öhlins PCV using Swift 140 (14K front) and 160 (16K rear) springs came out. To its replacement, a set of Mugen N1 rocking Swift 160 fronts, 280 rear springs and Cusco camber plates.
Listed below is a list of what you see, including a break-down of how much each component will cost.
• JDM 98-spec Integra Type-R 5-lug conversion – $1,350.00 CAD
• 4-pot Twin Block Calipers: Spoon Sports – $1,980.00 CAD
• Stainless Brakes Lines: Spoon Sports – $230.00 CAD
• Brake Pads: Carbonetic C-Spec (Street & Race) – $284.00 CAD
• Slotted Rotors: Brembo – $270.00 CAD
• Coilovers: Skunk2 PRO-C – $1,280.00 CAD
• Front Camber Kit: Skunk2 Pro Series Plus – $240.00 CAD
• Roll Center Adjusters: J’s Racing – $310.00 CAD
• Full Suspension Bushing Set: Hard Race – $280.00 CAD
The MONO FLEX coilover kit has been developed for entry-level competition motorsports and advanced street driving. Features include 16-way damping force adjustability (combined compression and rebound), a mono-tube internal design, pillowball upper mounts, and EDFC compatibility. There are independent adjustments for ride-height and spring pre-load settings for increased suspension tuning. The new Mono Flex also includes TEIN’s latest technological innovation, Micro Speed Valving (MSV) system, which allows the driver to feel a greater difference in damping force adjustments. Designed and developed for consumers seeking aggressive handling on the street and at the track.
• Steel Construction
• Mono Tube internal construction
• Inverted design for strut type front and rear
• Ride Height adjustable via threaded body and spring seats
• 16 way adjustable dampers, compression and rebound combined
• M.S.V. Technology for improved damping force adjustability
• Pillow ball upper mounts for increased steering feel
• Upper camber adjustment on front for strut type vehicles
• EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) compatible
• Anodized brackets with Teflon coated shock body for heavy duty rust prevention